A long day ends in Kathmandu 

Tuesday morning I woke up at 5:30, one of the few times that my nerves got the better of me. But when you start a 3 months long trip I think it’s allowed.

Since the check-in the night before at Landstraße hadn’t worked (who would have thought that Vienna is after all just a provincial nest and not a cosmopolitan city) due to the closing of said check-in at 9pm and our arrival at 9:07, I decided that to wait for sleep was useless. Rather get up and go. By 7am I was at the check-in and at 7:20 at work.

Work was over in a flash and then it was already time to go to the airport. We look so happy, not knowing that an 18h trip is just very long.


We went to London and from there to Dheli. I passed the flight trying to sleep, but there was a baby in front. Even with earplugs there was just no escape. of course in time for breakfast it was sleeping like an angel.

Delhi then was a different experience which basically started with split pants right before security.


So when we finally made it through security I had to buy first of all a new pair of pants. What a promising start to this adventure but after 12 years of good service it was time to move on.

With these little problems behind us we boarded the flight to Kathmandu and promptly had a delay. I used the time to catch up on sleep, not successful though since I woke up every time my head hit my chest. For the long wait then we were first served a cold beer. No complaint here.


And also lunch was served on this short flight which was quite good actually and well needed since I had missed dinner the night before.


Kathmandu airport is very small and currently under construction. But our bags arrived and that was all we needed. Plus the driver outside who already waited for us with a sign. In no time we arrived at our hotel and were greeted by our local organizer Progess. Just love the name.


The  Tibet Guest House will be our home for the next two days. With Progress we organized a mountain flight for the next day, plus the guy for the Tibet visa made his way to our hotel after Progress called him. Final task for the day was a visit to an ATM and to get some water. After that off to bed. Yours, Pollybert

Let me know what you think

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.